January 24, 2010

Greeley Hill!


Driving over to Greeley Hill, CA a very easy drive, felt like I was going downhill most of the time and I used very little gas over 4 hours. The grass, trees, and everyday views here are breathtaking. You can see mountain ranges 50 miles away i the distance as the sun sets and the clouds seem to share the sky with the peaks by giving each other room when needed.

Janet's house is amazing! I'm staying upstairs in a huge room that could easily pass for an expensive winter cabin rental. I have Northeast and Southwest facing windows so I can see the sun rise and go back to sleep. In the West it sets on top of this really neat apple tree in their yard, it still has apples on it, too. The entire house is just so neat.

This morning I'm learning how to get the heat going with Rob, once he gets up. It's 7:20am now and I've been up almost an hour… wide awake. I'm really enjoying my body's clock now which wakes up when the sun rises or shortly before without an alarm clock. Of course going to bed at 10 or 11p helps too but I'm sleepy by that time so it's working out perfect. Last night after eating dinner with everyone, we went into the living room (where the heater is) and I had trouble staying awake at 8p!


Climbing… let's talk climbing! Janet and Phillip have some amazing pictures of so many places! Phillip has even aided the nose of El Capitan (5.12d - .14). Janet was climbing when she was 7-8 months pregnant on things I probably will have trouble with haha. They're going to hook me up with a guy named Rob and I shall start my trade career out here. Supposedly there's some 3 pitch routes (pronouced roots out here) over in Red Rocks, Las Vegas that would be great for me to learn on. There are sooooooo many places around here to climb it's ridiculous.

Well I'm going to go read and wait for Phillip to assist me on making the fire for the day, then find some breakfast. Take care guys and please understand that it may be a few days (or week) before I blog again due to very limited internet connection and no cell phone service. However the blogs will be filled with adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Finally your clock is on time :). The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a me comment! You don't even have to sign up.