January 23, 2010

Last Night in Tahoe

I drooled on my pillow for the last time in S. Lake Tahoe last night. I'm headed over to the Burton store to see what fortunes they have for offering in trade for your soul, then South to Greeley Hill, CA for a month. My cousin, her husband, and her mom are taking a trip down to Costa Rica and they're allowing me to keep the house while they're gone. Along with the house I have two cats and one dog to tend to, no cell phone services, and dial-up internet. I imagine I will be doing quite a bit of reading. Rock climbing is also world-class in the area so I'm sure I won't be that bored everyday; Yosemite is within 1.5hrs drive so I'll most likely end up there quite often for some bouldering and maybe climbing on the BIG stuff.

I heard there were two more couchsurfers coming in today which would make 5 total surfers, plus the 5 people who live here now.. 10 total! So me giving up this couch will give someone else a place to crash.

So anyway I'm going to write Steve a gracious message on his couchsurfing account, make sure I have all of my belongings, and get on the road. It was really nice of them to put me up a few days longer than expected due to the snow but they hinted pretty heavily for me to stay so I don't feel that I imposed at all. Steve told me to come back and ride once I got all of the snowboarding gear I needed as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a me comment! You don't even have to sign up.