January 31, 2010

House sitting in Greeley Hill, CA

When you think of California you probably think the same things I thought. Warm sunshine, people out and about everywhere, and a certain aura about people that made you feel relaxed. Well, all of that exists... just not anywhere close to where I'm staying. I'm glad ot help my cousin out by house sitting but there's no one my age in the whole town (popuplation of about 900 I think?) and absolutely nothing to do solo. I've been mountain biking and plan to do some hikes and climbing but I don't want to do any of that alone. Without cell phone service (3G specifically) or high-speed internet, finding someone to hang out with is a bit harder. I would normally post on a forum and ask someone to meet me at a crag or a hiking trail.

Had I a travel partner I would be fine I think. I'm in Sonora now and I don't even want to go back to my cousin's house. I may sleep in the Xterra tonight so I'll be close to bouldering tomorrow. I plan to boulder all day, eat lunch/dinner somewhere good and maybe do some website work if needed, before I go back to Greeley Hill. Hopefully I'll meet some people out bouldering!

I have pictures and stuff to post but this internet (i'm using Save Mart's wireless) isn't quite fast enough and I still have to edit a lot of photos. I have some good video of my hike up to Angel's Landing too from two weeks ago I need to post! Grrrrr i'm getting way behind with only dialup.

- laters

1 comment:

Please leave a me comment! You don't even have to sign up.