January 6, 2010

The Best Candybear!


What a day! Woke up around 10a and re-organized my things in the Xterra, separated my dirty & clean clothes and ate some Honey Smacks. Once Kevin returned from his girl's house we all (included Red) went for a walk around the Rim Trail of the canyon, got some amazing views and some nice pics on my phone. The North Rim of the trail is closed b/c of all the show so we're limited to the South Rim which is freakin beautiful. But everyone says the North Rim is 5 times better so I can't wait to come back in the Spring/Summer and experience that and do some hike/camping trips too.


Got home just before dark and then ate some pizza, it's not delivery... it's DiGiorno! I just met this married couple, friends of Kevin & Rosi's, and was invited to a surprise party for her at Mike's apartment. It's so nice to actually have a group of friends who welcome me so genuinely when I go to see them. At the party we played a game that Sylus renamed "Sexy Boost", where you write a famous person's name on some paper, pass it to the left, everyone sticks it on their forehead, and you have to ask Yes/No questions and try to guess the name you have. It was a trip b/c most everyone was tipsy and there was one older gent, Hugo, who spoke a little English but seemed to be having the most fun. (Hugo on the far right)

Now for the best part. Leaving the party we were all kind of hungry and Kevin was gonna stop by Maswicks and get a sandwich even though it's not the best of foods. I had nothing back at the trailer so I thought I'd grab something too; then the phone rang. Kevin's friend Sky who I'd just met invited us over for dinner! Perfect timing! He fed us fried chicken and rice, then later he cooked some salmon that was amazing (he used to be a chef)! Now I'm sitting in the trailer enjoying my new internet connection from my phone while getting ready to crash.

Kevin's a bit tipsy himself but offered me a piece of his "candybear" so I'm eating that now. Brushing my teeth, turn off the light, and I'm out!

2 comments:

  1. The picture of you at the canyon looks photoshopped. Are you really at the Grand Canyon? Haha. Oh and what is a candybear? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kevin was a bit tipsy and kept saying that instead of candybar.. one of those "had to be there" moments

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a me comment! You don't even have to sign up.