January 8, 2010

First hike and other things

I finally went hiking! I went down the South Kaibab trail just to Cedar Ridge which is 1.4mi one-way. Check out the video below...



Later that night I went to the bar to see Kevin and met some more people along with recently new friends. We ended up going over to Noah's house and had some drinks, listened to some crazy music (thx Noah), and talked about traveling. I met John D. again haha, this dude is seriously out of control! He told us stories of his travels in Mexico, almost getting killed twice and having to hold a guy at knife point to save him and a friend from being robbed. Craziness!

Today I haven't done anything besides catching up on my website stuff. Actually had more to do today than I ever have in a single day's time. Got it all done though! Now for tomorrow... Courtney, Angela, and I are planning to try getting a 'stand-by' ticket for the helicopter or airplane ride through the canyon, it's only $16. Holy crap can you believe that. If you don't fly stand-by it's over $100, i think $115 or $117, something rediculous.

Until the next update, enjoy the little bit of snow in GA you guys up North got!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, sorry we don't have 20 feet of snow like you. If only we could be so lucky. I am proud of our 1/2 inch thank you very much. As for the video...DAMN!!! The cliff is steep. Watch your step. Hope you get on the helicoptor ride :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a me comment! You don't even have to sign up.