January 26, 2013

Bake Sell Betty's For My Georgia Folks

It's rare that someone I knew/grew up with in Georgia comes to visit me here in the San Francisco Bay area; usually it's for work or career related events. Regardless of why they're here, it's always fun to show them what I know about the area. There are so many things here that you will never experience in Georgia.

One of my best childhood friends is in town for the weekend with his girlfriend. They're staying in "the city" as well call it, meaning San Francisco, but today they're coming over to the "east bay" to hang out. While there are many things I want to show them, this post is about our lunch plans. Bake Sell Betty's! The hours are limited to 11:30-2pm and the menu is small. They have this amazing fried chicken sandwich, they mainstay, some cookies, strawberry shortcake, lemonade, and one or two other items to choose from. At noon there's a line 40+ long outside but it moves quick and it's quite the experience.



I've planned to take them to Bake Sell Betty's for lunch and then over to Indian Rock to get a view of the entire bay and maybe rock climbing after that. It's impossible to show them everything in a weekend obviously but I hope I can give them a good taste of what the bay has to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a me comment! You don't even have to sign up.