March 14, 2010

Down time

I just warmed up a plate of my mom's peas, rice, and these amazing onion-soup potatoes she makes. Yep, I'm back home in GA now for a bit. I have a weeksworth of things to take care of here and then I'll be free to daydream about my next adventure while at the same time doing some work to help fund it. I've spent the last 2 weeks looking for work and doing miscellaneous freelance stuff, but before that I was traveling too much and not working at all; I'm now paying for that, haha. Finding that balance is easy to do but I've only just realized how important it is to find it.

Lately I've been reading a lot about my personality time "extreme INFP" and it's sooo interesting. Most of the descriptions/traits describe me perfectly but there are still some that I don't have... thankfully. INFPs are the "dreamers". Here's a list of words I found that describe me amazingly well:

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, acts without planning, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

It seems a lot of these things are negative and I have been accused of being a negative person before. When I'm alone I have time to think about things and I LOVE that time, but when I'm done I can be very extroverted and social. It's a good mix (to me) but it seems most people have a hard time understanding it. I guess the fact that I'm an INFP (less than 4% of the population) is the reason I felt compelled to write about this in the first place. I'm just trying to give you guys interesting blogs while I'm not traveling, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a me comment! You don't even have to sign up.