December 28, 2009

The Initial Tid Bits

So I've come back to my college living arrangement (house with 2 roommates) to get my things packed for this epic adventure. It's the day after Christmas when I got back and NO ONE was home, better yet NO ONE was even in town. So I'm doing everything alone. Eating, packing, driving around, shopping for a few things, it was pretty lonely. Now I'm getting closer to leaving and a few friends have gotten back into town and I've spent some time with them which felt good. My bestest friend in the world is coming to hang with me tomorrow so I'm excited about that!


You'd be surprised how small your clothes will pack down; I have everything clothing article I need in two 25L containers! I did take a big load to Goodwill today to lighten up my wardrobe, but this is all for my clothing needs with the exception of 3 jackets and 3 pairs of shoes. I thought I was going to have one helluvatime getting everything packed into one Xterra but I must say it's going to be pretty simple. Just hope I have all that I need.


Oh, one more thing! I put together some shoes from Hobby Lobby (a shoe kit) and threw them in the closet months ago. As I was going through my things deciding what to pack/donate/trash,  and I almost threw these shoes away. Then I remembered the dry-erase markers covered in dust in a corner of my room and walla! Now I have some official traveling shoes.

Gotta go finish packing, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a me comment! You don't even have to sign up.